Gardener - St Marys Picket Fence Urban Farm
- Available gardening times: Mon, Thurs and Fri 8am - 1:30pm
- Location: St Marys
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and reliable individuals, who have a passion for gardening to volunteer as a Gardener at St Marys Picket Fence. You will responsible for providing the St Marys Garden with care and devotion.
Tasks include planting and propagating plants for use in the Fresh Food Market, Kitchen or for sale. Assisting with garden bed maintenance such as watering, fertilisation, weeding and mulching and garden preparation such as making and turning compost. Additionally, you will help to construct garden beds for sale and care for the worm farm.
- Be able to commit to your rostered day/s and times
- Be fit to complete all aspects of gardening
- Demonstrate compassion, empathy and willingness to help people
To view the role description please click here.
St Mary’s Picket Fence
The Picket Fence began as an outreach project of the Anglican parish of St Marys in 1991 and came under the oversight of AnglicareSA in 2008.
The Picket Fence offers a wide range of services to all members of the community:
- Emergency relief on Monday and Friday from 10am to noon.
- Fresh Produce Market on Monday and Friday from 10am to 2pm.
- Financial assistance on Thursdays
- Gold coin lunch on Monday, Thursday, and Friday
- Art Group on Thursdays
To apply please complete the following questions.
For more information about this role or if you have any questions, please contact Rob Collett on 8374 2522.
Please Note: It is mandatory for all volunteers to undergo a National Criminal History Check (NPC) and a Working with Children Check (WWCC) prior to commencement.
For any general enquires please email Volunteering@anglicaresa.com.au