Volunteer Guest Speaker
Do you have a hobby or special interest that you are passionate about and want to share this with others? Yes? Then we want to hear from you!
We are welcoming applications from people willing to present short talks to come and engage our residents on a wide range of topics across metropolitan Adelaide. Our residents come from all walks of life and have keen interests ranging from; Birds, Travel, Sport, History, Flowers, Plants and Horticulture, Animals and much more.
What kind of person are we looking for in a volunteer guest speaker?
- Someone with fantastic people skills and enjoys sharing what they know with others through discussion and conversation
- A compassionate and empathetic individual with a willingness to support and engage with people from all backgrounds
- Great opportunity for students studying and needing to practice their oral presentation skills, special interest community groups and associations or experts and professionals in their field with a passion for sharing knowledge and educating!
- Monday - Friday availability
- Located across our Residential Aged Care sites; Brompton, Grange, Trott Park, Elizabeth East and Westbourne Park
- Give back to your community by sharing your passion and interest with locals who are like minded
- Pay your knowledge forward and be rewarded with insights and conversation with our residents
Does this volunteer opportunity spark your interest?
Please complete the questions below - We look forward to meeting with you.
AnglicareSA Residential Aged Care sites are welcoming places which offer a range of social engagement activities for our residents, with the aim to support older South Australians live full & rewarding lives where their choices are respected.
Please note: It is mandatory for all volunteers to undergo a National Criminal History Check and Child Related Work Clearance prior to commencing. All costs are covered by AnglicareSA.
For any enquires please email Volunteering@anglicaresa.com.au